- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 40 days ago
Job Title: Real Estate Counsel
ABC Supply Co., Inc., the nation’s largest wholesale distributor of construction materials, seeks an experienced commercial real estate attorney to join its growing Beloit, Wisconsin-based in-house Legal Department. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Legal Officer or the CLO’s designee and will be primarily responsible for reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial real estate documents, providing counsel to the business regarding lease interpretation, administration, and other real estate-related questions, and supporting litigation counsel in real estate-related disputes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising outside counsel providing real estate transactional services.
- Developing and revising company policies and procedures relating to real estate and leases.
- Providing general legal advice, support, and services to ABC Supply and its subsidiaries and divisions on a broad range of real-estate related topics and issues.
- Assisting with lease administration and interpretation issues.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating leases and subleases, amendments to existing leases and subleases, SNDAs, estoppel certificates, NDAs, and other related documents.
- Providing assistance, as needed, with acquisition-related real estate matters (e.g., diligence review, environmental assessments, title commitments, ALTA surveys, property condition assessments).
- Providing assistance, as needed, with construction-related agreements and projects.
- Providing support for dispute resolution with landlords, subtenants, and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 5 to 15 years of relevant transactional real estate experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. state or territory and eligible for admission to the Wisconsin State Bar.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience supervising legal services.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating commercial real estate agreements.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and properly prioritize pending tasks.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- An overall positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently, both independently and with a team.
- Strong leadership abilities, including management of support staff.
Salary and Benefits:
- Title and salary commensurate with experience and skills.
- Substantial bonus program.
- Benefits including generous 401(k) match and profit sharing, medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Low cost of living and affordable housing.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply values diversity and we actively encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.