- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 23 days ago
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for supporting payroll processing activities for ABC and its subsidiaries by processing business process transactions for new hires, job and compensation changes, transfers, income tax withholding, and associate personal information. Collaborates with the internal HR team and directly with associates and managers regarding payroll-related issues and questions.
Our team has the flexibility of a hybrid schedule of working in-office at our Beloit, WI location and remote up to 2 days a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a primary point of contact for managers, associates, and internal staff for payroll-related issues and concerns.
- Accurately and timely review, approve, and follow up on transactions utilizing Workday for new hires, job and compensation changes, transfers, terminations, tax withholding, withholding orders, direct deposit, pay cards, and timekeeping.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues pertaining to payroll, tax, garnishments, time tracking, and PTO.
- Review and maintain income withholding orders including garnishments, tax levies, and child support.
- Complete employment and income verifications as necessary.
- Assist with record production for audits, benefits, and subpoenas as necessary.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Respond to requests for payroll information from internal and external authorized parties.
- Maintains associate and company confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Organizational skills to manage records and data and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills and experience with Workday or related HCM web-based systems.
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws relating to employee compensation, hours worked, record keeping, etc.
- Knowledge of garnishment and tax levy laws and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school. CPP designation preferred.
- Professional Experience: Three or more years of payroll experience required. Workday HCM or equivalent software is a plus. Must have knowledge and experience with wage attachments and multi-state tax employment tax jurisdictions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel Required: As required by the specific position, typically minimal for this type of position.
- 401K w/match
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by ABC Supply Co., Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.