IT Technical Support
- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 57 days ago
The IT Technical Support associate is a Level 1 support and has the responsibility to support a wide range of technical support and consulting to our Associates. The IT NSC Technical Support associate serves as the front-line technical system support and acts as a focal point for all problems with hardware and basic software applications.
The IT Technical Support associate provides expert technical consulting, advising, and system services in support of ABC Supply’s Point of Sale systems, Microsoft and Apple systems, telecommunications, network access, Microsoft Active Directory Services, email, and mobile technology.
The IT Technical Support associate will resolve problems, and monitor activity in correcting problems related to software, hardware, and networking to ensure satisfactory results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act upon inbound phone calls or emails from end users with technical support issues and/or questions.
- Document individual issues and resolutions, and propose solutions for widespread use in an internal knowledgebase or self-serve portal.
- Work with other team members to resolve issues, either assigned to them or to other team members needing assistance.
- Follow previously defined scripts to guide users toward issue resolution. Update the scripts as relevant.
- Interact with outside vendors to resolve network outages and coordinate resolution.
- Interact with other departments when issue resolution needs to be escalated to Level 2 and beyond.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral (phone) communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Education: Earned or in-progress IT-related degree and/or certification.
- Professional Experience: 1-2 years of IT support experience.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, at its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, and hear; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: as required.
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/match
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by ABC Supply Co., Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.