- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 29 days ago
The Tax Accountant assists in the preparation of the Company’s federal, state, and local income tax returns. The Tax Accountant will also assist in the monitoring of federal and state income tax laws to determine the impact of new or changing regulations on the Company and will assist the Tax Department in responding to audit requests and notices from taxing jurisdictions.
The Tax Accountant will be a respected and valued member of a team that works with all levels throughout ABC Supply and its subsidiaries. The ABC Supply team strives to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare various aspects of federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare quarterly federal, state, and local tax payments
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s tax provision
- Assist with federal and state income tax audits and notice responses
- Correspond with federal and state income tax authorities as necessary
- Assist with tax consulting, including research on various federal and state income tax issues and model effects of tax law changes
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- The preferred candidate is a CPA or working toward being a CPA
- 1 to 3 years preparing income tax returns & work papers, performing tax research, and executing other tax-related projects
- Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving, and accounting skills
- Detail oriented
- Driven to meet deadlines while working both independently and within a collaborative team
- Has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in the use of PC software tools for reports, tax returns, analysis, and audits
- Demonstrates advanced Excel proficiency
- Shows ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization
ABC Supply Co., Inc.:
ABC Supply is the largest wholesale distributor of roofing in the United States and one of the nation's largest distributors of siding, windows, and other select exterior and interior building products, tools, and related supplies. Since our start in 1982, we've grown to become a national organization with approximately 900 branches and other facilities in 49 states and Canada.
ABC Supply is a consecutive winner of the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award since 2007, which recognizes the best-performing workforces in the world, and a two-time recipient of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award for Best Places to Work.
ABC Supply is dedicated to promoting and preserving the American dream by helping people accomplish the extraordinary based on our fundamental belief that every person has within themselves the ability to do great things.