- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- 4 ABC Drive
Beloit, WI 53511
- 68 days ago
Fleet Operations Manager
Reporting to the Fleet Procurement Director, the Fleet Operations Manager will lead the scheduling, procurement, and production of vehicles produced both onsite and off-site to meet ABC Supply’s Fleet’s customized fleet requirements. The Fleet Operations Manager will lead all activities associated with the facilitation of ABC Supply’s Fleet Master Production Schedule working with Regional Fleet Specialists, Production Leaders, Procurement Specialists, and Suppliers to align product requirements within the supply chain’s availability. In addition, the Fleet Operations Manager will oversee production throughput and quality at various outside service providers, provide insight on repairs and maintenance, along with applying technical knowledge to provide guidance on proper product selection.
This person will be a culture champion who engages fellow team members with the procurement of products and materials used in the production of ABC Supply’s customized truck fleet. The successful candidate will foster a collaborative team culture as they provide the leadership required for achieving customer, operations, and corporate goals. Furthermore, the Fleet Operations Manager will aid in the development, administration, and continuous improvement of effective policies and procedures that support production methods, quality, safety, and Lean Manufacturing best practices both internally and externally.
- Provide leadership and direction with ABC Supply’s Master Production Schedule to maximize manufacturing and supply chain effectiveness, while ensuring the highest degree of product quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage and support the procurement of various products to produce ABC Supply’s annual production requirements.
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts associated with outside service providers manufacturing techniques and capabilities.
- Implement and administer controls that will drive continuous improvement enhancing on-time delivery while effectively minimizing the cost associated with the production of ABC Supply vehicles.
- Work with the Fleet Operations Team and its respective supply base to improve vehicle specifications allowing for improved customer delivery experience while maintaining ABC Supply’s high expectations with safety and quality.
- Be a champion of safety and lead by example. Be a leader in fleet safety to ensure OSHA and DOT safety expectations met or exceeded.
- Work collaboratively both internally and externally contributing to the continuous improvement not only with vehicle design and product procurement, but also in developing preventative maintenance programs that will strengthen the uptime of ABC Supply’s fleet.
- Lead outside service provider start-ups.
- Suggest, test, and implement technical hardware and software solutions.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and ensure personnel receive regular required training.
- 4-year degree in business or equivalent experience in custom vehicle manufacturing. MBA and/or Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred.
- 6+ years of manufacturing leadership experience in a similar manufacturing/fleet environment.
- The candidate must be a goal orientated self-starter, with the proven ability to lead by example with a high degree of integrity. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the ability to establish a positive culture that fosters cross-functional teamwork with all members of the team including the supply base and ABC Supply’s outside service provider network.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present to leadership.
- Strong business acumen with basic accounting knowledge allowing for the understanding of all financial statements.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with U.S. DOT regulations impacting the trucking industry.
- Strong detail orientation, analytical reasoning, and data decision making abilities with superior follow through.
- Proficient in MS Office, project management and asset management systems.