- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 17 days ago
ABC Supply, the nation’s largest distributor of select exterior and interior building products, is currently seeking a Product Owner to conduct the creation, productionalization and feature additions to Enterprise Analytics products. As a member of the Enterprise Analytics team at ABC you will be delivering high impact solutions driven by our executive leadership. ABC Supply has consecutively won the Gallup Exceptional Workplace award since 2007 and is proud to be an employee-first company.
The Product Owner is a hybrid role that will work at least one day a week in the Beloit, WI office. The Product Owner will report to the Manager of Product Development – Enterprise Analytics, collaborating with data scientists, engineers (data and BI), analysts, business stakeholders and Enterprise Analytics leadership. This individual must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience facilitating cross-team collaboration using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Enterprise Analytics leadership and business stakeholders to understand product vision.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Analytics leadership to align products against defined departmental roadmap.
- Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of organizational strategies. Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges.
- Collaborates cross-functionally within Enterprise Analytics and the larger ABC IT teams to support organizational product development initiatives.
- Works with product team to translate product vision into product releases, features and user stories.
- Plans and manage multiple concurrent products and / or projects.
- Authors and maintains product specifications and documentation, including business rules, process diagrams, use cases, and wireframes.
- Owns the users’ experience of the product, with a commitment to creating highly useable deliverables.
- Inspects, evaluates, and communicates product progress through each development cycle.
- Gains deep understanding of business analytics objectives and uses understanding to generate product roadmap and enhancement strategy.
- Uses creativity and innovation to overcome business and technical challenges.
- Manages sprints, backlog and priorities for the product team, while adapting and remaining flexible to shifting priorities and business needs.
- Judges and informs stakeholder(s), leadership, supporting teams (QA, IT operations) and product team on product/feature delivery and projected milestones based on backlog and development cycle.
- Represents business in product team discussions, prioritizing business product requirements and making decisions that reach the best balance of business needs against technical constraints.
- Acts as product evangelist to build awareness and drive adoption of Enterprise Analytics products within the organization.
- Collects and analyze product feedback to define and prioritize continued product feature enhancements.
- Serves as primary contact for product needs, including ongoing maintenance/support.
- Effective time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Project execution using various methodologies.
- Ability to mentor individuals
- Education: BS/BA.
- Professional Experience: Minimum of 5 years of strong experience in product owner or project management roles with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with change management. This individual will be partnering with stakeholders and IT to ensure their product is accepted, valued and supported at ABC.
- Experience in creating great user experiences in data visualization and web applications.
- Experience in delivering analytical products/projects is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting and describing complex technical subjects
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: as required by the specific position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by ABC Supply Co., Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage - eligible after 60 days, low out of pocket
- 401(k) with generous company match - eligible after 60 days, immediately vested
- Employer paid employee assistance program
- Employer paid short term and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply values diversity and we actively encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.