Debt Recovery Analyst
- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- 3 ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 22 days ago
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Mitigate accounts receivable loss to the company utilizing effective communication skills and knowledge of the debt recovery process.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Manage a portfolio of delinquent accounts
- Negotiate accounts receivable settlements to include the involvement and agreement of business operations.
- The ability to effectively speak to a delinquent account owner to facilitate the resolution of receivables owed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with field management, NSC support personnel, other CFS team members, Customers, Attorneys, and Collection Agencies.
- Work with Third Party Collection Agencies and Attorneys by updating the statuses of debtor accounts, providing documents as requested (invoices, picking tickets, statements, credit applications, etc.), attending mediations, and attending judgment hearings.
- Responsible for timely responses to vendor requests
- Determine bad debt write-offs and prepare various reports and journal entries.
- Identify accrual need for doubtful accounts
- Attend regular department and out-of-department meetings
- Research accounts receivable for bad debt recovery as needed
- Research Bankruptcy Notices as needed
- Research receipt of legal documents as needed
- Audit account aging as requested
- Attend review meetings
- Attend continuing education on changing legal law
- Ensure document retention utilizing the current systems available
- Special projects ad-hoc, research analyst
- Other similar duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES):
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent,
- 7 years of experience in Commercial Credit and Collections, ensuring adequate knowledge of effective collection practices, collection laws, construction liens, and bonds.
- Must be a notary or can become a notary.
- Must be an effective negotiator and possess good communication skills,
- Have knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Legal Tracker, and CLEAR.
- 401k w/match
- LTD & STD