- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- 300 South Riverside Plaza
Suite 200 South
Chicago, IL 60606
- 51 days ago
The Enterprise Analytics teams is growing and hiring for a Manager of Data Engineering. This newly created position will lead a diverse team of data engineers and data analysts who contribute to ABC by providing a world class data platform for Enterprise Analytics. Your team is the foundation for our analytics function that provides value to our executives and field management. Your team will be working on valued and important efforts. Our data platform collects data from over 50 different systems in a myriad of formats and types. The data engineering team works to collect this raw data and partnering with other analytics team members to create transformed and even highly curated datasets (datamarts). Without the data engineering team, we would not be able to deliver a world class environment for our data scientists, bi developers, business analysts and field management.
Your role is critical to keep the excitement and engagement on the team high. At ABC we will believe engaged associates translates to value to our customers. That starts with you, their leader. You will need to be able to guide, mentor and plan ahead of your team. Getting your team where they are engaged and bringing in new talent as needed.
The platform is built using modern solutions in the cloud. This should excite you and either be something you are familiar with or very interested in. ABC has been building the tech platform for the next 10 years and the movement to the cloud for analytics is one of those key decisions. Our key technologies are Azure (Data Lake and Data Factory), Databricks, Dremio and Snowflake.
- You will be leading, hiring, developing, and evolving the data engineering team and providing them technical direction with the support of leads and architects.
- Understand the road ahead and ensure the team has the skills and tools necessary to succeed.
- Drive the team to develop operationally efficient analytic solutions.
- Manage resources/budget and partner with functional and business teams.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- You will be leading the team that designs and builds highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Azure, Snowflake, Spark, Dremio, Python to induct data from various systems
- Work with product owners to ensure priorities are understood and direct the team to support the vision of the larger Analytics organization.
- Work closely with business and technical teams to deliver enterprise grade datasets that are reliable, flexible, scalable, and provide low cost of ownership.
- Grow the technical ability of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 8+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science or statistics field with at least 2+ years of experience in leadership/management
- Experience in developing Big Data applications using Databricks, Python, Azure, Snowflake is a plus
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions.
- Lead/Work with hybrid teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, keeping composure and a positive attitude.
- Understands common analytical data models like Kimball. Ensures physical data models align with best practice and requirements.
- Big Huge Plus if your experience was in a distribution or manufacturing organizations.