- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 25 days ago
ABC Supply Co., Inc., the nation’s largest wholesale distributor of construction materials, is looking for a corporate attorney to join its growing Beloit, Wisconsin-based in-house Legal Department. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Legal Officer or the CLO’s designee and will be responsible for providing legal guidance and services to management and other associates on a variety of other matters, including compliance, contracts, and general corporate law, as well as assisting with overseeing a busy docket of litigation and disputed claims.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts, including customer and vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements, joint check agreements, and lien waivers.
- Drafting and revising contract templates for use in various transactions, and supporting the improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Assisting with the management and resolution of claims and litigation, including retaining and managing outside counsel, issuing and managing litigation holds, overseeing discovery responses, and drafting or responding to demand letters.
- Managing responses to subpoenas and other information requests.
- Preparing legal memoranda and researching various legal issues.
- Providing general legal advice, support, and services to ABC Supply and its subsidiaries and divisions on a broad range of topics and issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two to 7 years of relevant legal experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited laws school
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. state or D.C. Minimum Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong legal research skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; advanced organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and properly prioritize pending tasks.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- An overall positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently, either independently or in a team Preferred Qualifications
- Experience managing local or outside counsel. • Experience with construction and/or product defect litigation.
- Familiarity with Article 2 of the UCC and related matters.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience working with support staff.
- Familiarity with Legal Tracker (formerly Serengeti) or similar legal matter management and e-billing solutions.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
- Benefits include generous 401(k) match and profit sharing, substantial bonus opportunities, and medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- Low cost of living and affordable housing.