- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- 1000 Mansell Exchange West, Ste 250
Alpharetta, GA 30022
- 40 days ago
ABC Supply Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s largest distributors of exterior and interior building products, working with contractors to deliver the materials and services they need to do their jobs. ABC Supply has consecutively won the Gallup Exceptional Workplace award since 2007, ABC puts employees first and our culture is built upon strong Core Values.
We are currently seeking the right individual to add as a Customer Account Executive to our SE Regional Customer Financial Services Department in Alpharetta, GA. After a training period, we offer a work at home opportunity. If you have experience in customer service, collection of accounts receivable, and negotiations, this is a position for you!
After a training period, we offer a work at home opportunity.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To achieve maximum collections and minimum bad debt write-offs within a Collection Zone, consistent with the overall business objectives of the region, and at the lowest possible cost
NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION:
Internal relationships-Establishes effective working relationships with Branch Managers, Sales Personnel, Region Team Members, NSC support personnel, and other CFS team members
External relationships-Establishes effective working relationships with Customers, and Credit and Collection personnel outside the organization through NACM or similar organizations
Under the direction of the Customer Financial Services Director and/or Manager:
- Assume direct collection responsibility for a collection zone, averaging approximately 3,000 accounts with exposure in excess of $25 million
- Recommend the suspension of credit privileges to the Branch Managers, and using discretion, elevate disagreements to the Customer Financial Services Manager
- Ensure that all necessary steps are taken to preserve lien/bond rights, where necessary
- Using discretion, execute lien waivers, or approve the execution of lien waivers by a Branch Manager
- Assist in the resolution of customer disputes effecting payment, and where appropriate, contact Inspyre Solutions to open a file
- Notify A/R Associates and Branch Managers of payment misapplication issues and ensure that these issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Using discretion, elevate complex collection situations in excess of $50,000 to the Customer Financial Services Manager
- Recommend the placement of accounts with third party agencies or attorneys
- Report to the Customer Financial Services Director or Manager, and Branch Manager, on the status of their assigned portfolio
- Negotiate payment arrangements with distressed debtors with the approval of the Branch and Customer Financial Services Director or Manager
- Assist Branch Managers in developing effective action plans to maintain the aging of accounts receivable at a satisfactory level and condition
- Other similar duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES):
Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Finance, or equivalent experience, and two years experience in Commercial Credit and Collections, ensuring basic knowledge of effective collection practices, collection laws, construction liens and bonds. Must possess good communication skills, knowledge of Windows, Excel, Outlook, and be an effective negotiator.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage - eligible after 60 days, low out of pocket
- 401(k) with generous company match - eligible after 60 days, immediately vested
- Employer paid employee assistance program
- Employer paid short term and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply values diversity and we actively encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.