- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- One ABC Parkway
Beloit, WI 53511
- 35 days ago
The business relationship manager (BRM) serves as the strategic interface with assigned business units and a "trusted advisor" to senior business executives. A BRM's main focus is to establish and maintain value-driven, strategic relationships with one or more business units and proactively manage business demand.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a key IT leadership role. The leader is responsible for nurturing these relationships to build trust, credibility, and rapport between the business and IT to align technology solutions with business strategies and contribute to the business unit's strategic planning process. The leader advises business executives on the risks and benefits of using technology to build competitive advantage and improve business efficiency and performance. The leader must have a thorough understanding of IT products and services, as well as strategic business objectives, to anticipate business needs and identify and propose IT solutions to fulfill those needs.
- Leads the demand side of IT governance on behalf of the business and communicates high-level business requirements to IT functional groups
- Collaborates with other BRMs and EA on enterprise capabilities roadmap, project roadmap, and overall IT strategy
- Assists business customers in summarizing high-level scenarios to develop business cases
- Works with Delivery Teams to prioritize initiatives based on strategic alignment
- Partners with business and technology leaders to determine funding and budget requirements, timing, and resources for initiatives
- Oversees the estimation process to ensure timeliness, quality, and alignment with business objectives
- Maintains awareness of the status of key initiatives, communicates status to the business, and participates in major issue resolutions
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes, and activities to the business, as well as acts as a chief marketer and communicator of IT services and capabilities
- Advises on the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology
- Works with business and IT executives to define cost-benefit analysis and tracks and communicates benefits realization
- Evaluates ongoing performance metrics, measures, and customer satisfaction levels
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Experience: 10 to 15 years of IT and/or business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments
- Five or more years of direct ownership of senior business relationships
- Five or more years of experience with managing teams (direct or indirect)
- Seven or more years of representing business needs and requirements within IT to plan and deliver technology solutions
- Five or more years of owning multiple large projects/products concurrently
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, at its discretion may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Short-Long-Term & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match