- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- Works from
Home, WI 53511
- 8 days ago
ABC Supply, the nation’s largest distributor of select exterior and interior building products, is currently seeking a BI Engineer (Tableau) to deliver descriptive analytics solutions for the enterprise. As a member of the Enterprise Analytics team at ABC, you will be delivering high-impact solutions driven by our executive leadership. ABC Supply has been the recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award for 12 consecutive years and is proud to be an employee-first company.
The BI Engineer (Tableau) will report to the engineering supervisor, and collaborate with data and software engineers, analysts, business stakeholders, and Enterprise Analytics leadership. This individual must exhibit strong data visualization skills and carry a UX/design mindset, with experience delivering solutions in Tableau that are used by large and varied audiences.
- Development of dashboards, data visualizations, and reports.
- Creation and maintenance of wireframes and other tools to drive the design process.
- Identifies and presents suggestions for data presentation based on stakeholder needs and data analysis.
- Production of highly performant SQL queries as needed for solutions.
- Ability to tune and produce highly scalable Tableau assets. Understands Tableau internals and processes. Has awareness of bottlenecks and/or opportunities in the product.
- Performs Tableau dashboard load testing as needed, using TabJolt or an alternative.
- Collaborates with and informs Tableau Administrator of solution needs and system impacts.
- Researches and advantages new features in tools available to them.
- Train and/or advise others on new features and solutions in Tableau.
- Follows established design guides and templates. Makes recommendations for modification to leadership.
- Actively participates in events and/or ceremonies as needed to obtain objective/scope.
- Advocates and evangelizes product/feature value.
- Keep stakeholder(s) and the team engaged with consistent and incremental delivery.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience creating dashboards and visuals with Tableau. Ideally in your last role.
- Delivery of Tableau assets that are used by hundreds and even thousands of people.
- Experience with Tableau 2019 and greater.
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes.
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team.
- A big plus for direct experience with Azure and Snowflake but not required.
- Big plus for working in a Tableau environment-leveraging web edit (explorer licensing).
- Knowledge of common analytics solutions like Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Excellent SQL skills to consume and shape datasets for visualizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to communicating solution designs, required effort, and marketing/selling analytic solutions.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills
About the Company:
ABC Supply Co., Inc. is the largest wholesale distributor of roofing in the United States and one of the nation's largest distributors of siding, windows, and other select interior and exterior building products, tools, and related supplies. Since our start in 1982, we have grown to become a national organization with more than 700 branches and other facilities in 49 states.
ABC Supply is looking for associates with a passion for excellence and the ability to exceed our customers' expectations - attributes that have been keys to our success. If that sounds like you, then ABC Supply offers the opportunity to learn and, grow, and make a difference in a friendly and welcoming environment.